Pet Health Resources
Pet Health Resources & Helpful Links
As a pet parent, you have a lot of responsibilities, and understanding your pet’s healthcare needs is one of the most important!
We know there is a lot of information and misinformation out there, so our veterinarians and staff have gathered some of our trusted resources for you. Please check out these helpful links and let us know if you have any questions about our pet health resources!
Poison Control Resources
If you think your pet has ingested a poisonous substance, please call our hospital immediately at (419) 385-0325 or you can contact one of these poison control hotlines:
Pet Poison Helpline: (855) 764-7661 (a $59 fee will apply)
ASPCA Pet Poison Control: (888) 426-4435 (a $65 consultation fee may apply)
Additionally, here are some resources regarding pet poisoning:
- Ohio State University’s Indoor Pet Initiative – Offers resources for enriching the lives of dogs and cats.
- American Association of Feline Practitioner’s Cat Friendly Caregiver – Offers tips for enriching your cat’s life indoors.
- Veterinary Partner – A comprehensive site with pet health news and information about any pet health topic you can think of.
- Pet Health Network – Provides leading advice about cat and dog health.
- Google This! – Offers tips for researching your pet’s health and how to find trustworthy sites.
- Getting Your Cat to the Vet – Tips from AAFP about getting your cat to the veterinarian with as little stress as possible.
- How to Trim Your Dog’s Nails – A video from Pet Health Network on how to trim your dog’s nails.
- How to Trim Your Cat’s Nails – A video from Pet Health Network on how to trim your cat’s nails.
- Traveling with Your Pet – FAQs from the AVMA about traveling with your pet.